July 4th, Adam put in his two weeks notice at Safeway! He said, "it's Independence Day!" We were so happy for him to make that decision. He was still on the payroll for the next 6 weeks so that our insurance would last longer. But after trying his hardest and not making many sales for the next month or so, we came to the conclusion this is not the right time to get into Life Insurance Sales. Many of his clients, who work in unions, are not doing so well due to the economy and do not have the money at this time to buy insurance for themselves. So even know they really liked Adam and what he had to offer them, it was not a good time. So this past Sunday he started back at his old Safeway with open arms. He is working the Dairy Manager position right now and may go into the Second Assistant position within the month. For now we are happy with where he is, and I am very proud of him for trying something new!
Jude and Ethan have been having a fantastic time playing outside and just being kids! They enjoyed the pool while it lasted, but alas jumping on the side of the pool one too many times has defeated the old pool. POP!!! We got a slip 'n slide and for my boys that is just as fun. I've got to get pictures of that. Being sunny has finally brought out the kids in the neighborhood. The boys have been making a lot of new friends and they spend hours on our hillside playing chase, riding big wheels and lots of ninja and sword fighting. They're BOYS!!! I've got to get used to it!
Grey has learned a lot of new tricks this summer too! Like sitting up and his newest, making himself swing in his bouncer! He bounces for a minute and then lets his feet go and he just swings. It's really funny to see the joy on his face for accomplishing this! He hasn't started crawling yet, but I'm OKAY with that! I am trying to keep that from happening until after we get back from the East Coast. He is really trying to get somewhere though. So we'll see if I can keep it from happening in the next 2 weeks. Last night he started doing these push-ups, from his belly he pushes up on his hands and then on his toes. I can't even do that very well right now. Lets just say, I haven't seen the gym in a LONG LONG time!!! He also likes to be outside watching the boys play. I bring out his bouncer and sometimes his bumbo and he plays and watches Jude and Ethan.
We had such a busy time while we were there! On Thursday we headed up to Seaside and went around town with our boys for a little while before meeting up with Sarah and the kids. Adam being the candy king brought the boys into a candy store that had 170! kinds of salt water taffy. We came away with all too many flavors, Jude and Ethan had a blast!!! Then we checked out what was going on at the beach. They were setting up the finish line for the Hood to Coast Relay, which I guess is the largest running relay in N. America. It starts at Mt. Hood and ends in Seaside, 197 miles! Yikes! When we finally met up with Sarah, Cosmo & Viva we were ready for some real fun! First, Jude Adam Sarah & Cosmo went on the Bumper Cars, then Adam and Ethan went on the Tilt-a-Whirl! Ethan thought it was GREAT, Adam thought that if he went around one more time he was going to hurl! Ethan is really turning into our dare devil. After the Tilt-a-Whirl he and I went on the Bumper Cars with Sarah and Cos again. Then we all went to the Carousel where I took Cosmo and Ethan while the others just watched. It was a really fun afternoon.
It was a special weekend for Cosmo, he turned 4 on the 23rd! While Sarah and I shopped for the party, Uncle Adam took all the boys to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and Mc-y D's to play for the afternoon. He really does a great job with all the boys and has lots of fun too! I love my honey!!!
On Saturday was Cosmo's Birthday Party! Sarah made capes, and set out crown makin's for the kids and silly noses for them to wear. It was at the community rec. center, in the old gym. It was a lot of fun and there was a great turnout!
For our boys it was the perfect ending to a great week. We left straight from the party to head home, and all the boys were asleep in the car within 15 minutes! That's a good thing! All-in-all it was a fantastic week even with the 1,000+ miles we put on the car! We didn't have many meltdowns in the car, except for Greyson, who was cutting his first tooth! Who knew? In fact, Grey and Viva each cut their first tooth on the same day! Bonding moment!!!
That has been our summer, sorry it got so lengthy, but when I don't write all summer, that's what happens! I hope I put enough pictures in to help break it up!
Next up, Jude's first day of KINDERGARTEN!!! O M Gawd!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment